Search our website
Subscribe to our e-newsletter
Keep up to date with the latest news from Nurture Lakeland right here, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Nature's Gift from Nurture
Nature Receives A Gift From Nurture ... And An Epic Event!
Two inspiring conservation projects are beneficiaries of the sustainable tourism-boosting Eden Valley Epic Cycle Sportive. The event was held in Eden, Cumbria on March 3, as part of the 'A Cycling Eden' project.
The Culgaith Tarn and Orton Community Woodland projects have each received a sizeable donation of £520 each thanks to the cycling event which attracted nearly 1000 enthusiastic entrants from around the country.
The Pint That Protects
Nurture Lakeland and Jennings Launch 'The Pint That Protects'
A very special brew is now quenching the thirst of visitors and walkers in the Lake District thanks to an innovative Visitor Giving idea devised by responsible tourism organisation, Nurture Lakeland, and Cumbrian brewer, Jennings.
'Nurture Lakeland Ale' is a tipple, differing from any other pint pulled in Cumbria, as 5 pence per pint is donated to Nurture Lakeland. This money funds vital conservation work in Cumbria carried out through Nurture Lakeland projects, leading to the ale being christened 'the pint that protects'.
Pennies from a pig
How can a little pig help protect our Lake District landscapes? It’s simple and it’s fun – take Pigling Bland on holiday and fabulous members, Lindeth Howe Hotel, where Beatrix Potter wrote her popular children’s book 100 years ago, will donate 1p per mile to help Fix the Fells.
- Fantastic Fundraisers - that's you lot!
- Green Deal Advice & Support
- Trailblazing Visitor Giving Member
- Vacancy - Sustainability Initiatives Project Lead for 'Low Carbon Cottages'
- AGM 2013
- Drive Less See More into 2013
- Nurture Lakeland are looking for an apprentice…
- Biomass Boilers – Financial Incentives Still Available!
- Vote Now to Fix the Fells
- Get well soon Michael Bonney
- Calling all Holiday Cottage owners for free EPC's
- Sustainable Tourism Award