Keep up to date with the latest news from Nurture Lakeland right here, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
New Low Carbon Cottages project officer needed
Nurture Lakeland in partnership with the University of Cumbria is offering an opportunity for a graduate or post graduate wanting to develop skills and experience by working on an innovative carbon management project within the self-catering sector in Cumbria.
The role will involve co-ordinating the completion of Low Carbon Cottages project. In liaison with partners you will continue the established work to complete the production of a “toolkit” for reducing carbon emissions in self-catering properties by engaging owners in best practice and monitoring energy efficiency improvements.
The sun was shining, the drive over the pass was stunning and we knew we were in for a special day.
Sarah Medcalf, the National Trust Wasdale Visitor Manager, approached us because local businesses wanted to know how they could give something back to the area. We had the perfect thing for them, Visitor Giving!
Looking for a Small Grant of up to £1,000
Grants of up to £1,000 are on offer from Nurture Lakeland to fund community conservation work in the Lake District.
The Nurture Lakeland Small Grants Fund is open to any constituted group including charitable organisations, community interest companies, social enterprises, conservation agencies and local environment groups.
- Discover the Ambleside to Langdale Trail
- Local businesses are loving our Lakes
- New Cycling Toolkit!
- Exciting News - Free Social Media Training Day, 20th June, Lowther Castle
- We've got a new Director!
- Save the Date - Fell Care Days
- Drive Less See More: New Car-free Itineraries
- We're recruiting!
- Lake District tourism businesses save energy (and more!)
- Traditional Retrofit - Where on earth do I start?
- More trees for Cumbria?
- Partnership Director Vacancy