Due to Nurture Lakeland's unique relationship with the local tourism industry we are well placed to provide the local business community with the solutions they need to tackle some of the negative local impacts of tourism. All of our campaigns complement the ethos of responsible tourism and we always achieve impressive results. Explore these pages to find out what we are doing to;
- Promote car free activities - Our Drive Less See More campaign is focusing on the South and Central Lake District between 2011 and 2015 and aims to generate a step-change in how visitors travel to and around the area, enabling them to make greater use of sustainable modes of travel.
- Improve local water quality - Love Your Lakes and Windermere Reflections aim to improve water quality in Lake Windermere and the surrounding catchment lakes. We're helping businesses, residents and visitors to take simple lake friendly steps to support the reduction of harmful blue green algae.
- Create responsible tourism destinations - The Nurture Eden project is working with businesses to keep Eden green and to offer visitors the chance to have memorable experiences in beautiful settings whilst helping to protect the environment at the same time.
- Ground-breaking research - The Low Carbon Cottages project is aiming to reduce carbon emissions and running costs of traditionally built holiday cottages whilst being sensitive to the aesthetic and cultural values and also the internal environment of the cottages.
- Reduce the impact of adventure challenge events - Good planning and management can lead to successful and sustainable events where everyone (from organisers, participants and spectators to local businesses, residents and land managers) gets maximum benefit and enjoyment whilst minimising negative impacts.
- Reduce carbon emissions - As experts in sustainable tourism, Nurture Lakeland is playing its role in this carbon budget and taking part in an exciting new campaign that seeks to improve the “low carbon tourism” offer in Cumbria. Low Carbon Tourism, which is part of a wider suite of climate change related projects across the country, has been funded by the Climate Change Local Area Support Programme and the North West Improvement and Efficiency Partnership.
If you have any questions about our campaigns or would like to access our delivery support, please phone the Nurture Lakeland office on 01593 822 622.