Visitors get exploring!
The best way to discover The Lake District’s true character; the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside, is to get out there and explore!
Try out a car-free day and discover another side to this special place with See More Lake District. Available for iPhone or iPad on the App Store and also for Android on Google Play. Version 1.2 is now available for Android and iPhone and includes live bus times!
We have a collection of exciting itineraries for download. Why not print some out to bring with you? Use the shaded areas on the map to find the itineraries that you can use on your next visit!
Days out in the South Lakes Peninsulas
- NEW for 2013! Fantastic Food in the South Lakes
- NEW for 2013! Great Days Out from Broughton-In-Furness
Days out from Coniston and Hawkshead (orange)
- NEW for 2013! An Easy Day in Coniston - An Accessible Trail
- NEW for 2013! Great People, Great Places - A Heritage Trail
Days out from Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere and Newby Bridge (blue)
- NEW for 2013! Cycle for your Supper in the Central Lakes
- NEW for 2013! Fun Days Out for All The Family
- Days out from Newby Bridge and Lakeside
- Favourite walks from Bowness-on-Windermere
- Favourite walks from Windermere
- Days out from Bowness-on-Windermere
Days out from Ambleside, Grasmere and Elterwater (pink)
- Days out from Grasmere
- Discover Ambleside village centre
- Family days out in and around Ambleside
- Favourite walks around Ambleside (from centre)
- Days out from Ambleside
- Favourite walks and days out from Rydal
- Favourite walks from Elterwater/Langdale Valley
Days out from Keswick (yellow)