Visitors get exploring!
The best way to discover The Lake District’s true character; the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside, is to get out there and explore!
Try out a car-free day and discover another side to this special place with See More Lake District. Available for iPhone or iPad on the App Store and also for Android on Google Play. Version 1.2 is now available for Android and iPhone and includes live bus times!
We have a collection of exciting itineraries for download. Why not print some out to bring with you? Use the shaded areas on the map to find the itineraries that you can use on your next visit!
Days out in the South Lakes Peninsulas
- Updated for 2014! Fantastic Food in the South Lakes
- NEW for 2013! Great Days Out from Broughton-In-Furness
Days out from Coniston and Hawkshead (orange)
- Updated for 2014! An Easy Day in Coniston - An Accessible Trail
- Updated for 2014! Great People, Great Places - A Heritage Trail
Days out from Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere and Newby Bridge (blue)
- Updated for 2014! Cycle for your Supper in the Central Lakes
- Updated for 2014! Fun Days Out for All The Family
- Updated for 2014! Days out from Newby Bridge and Lakeside
- Updated for 2014! Explore Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere
Days out from Ambleside, Grasmere and Elterwater (pink)
- Updated for 2014! In and Around Grasmere
- Updated for 2014! Discover Ambleside and Further Afield
- Favourite walks and days out from Rydal
- Favourite walks from Elterwater/Langdale Valley
Days out from Keswick (yellow)