Get involvedWe have over 220 corporate members across the county ranging from lifestyle businesses to large hotels.
So far our fantastic members and their customers have raised over £1.5 million to help support 40 local projects ranging from red squirrel conservation, fixing the fells and low level footpath repair to supporting local children's wildlife education.
Search the 'Green Directory' for more information on our current members and their supported projects.
How do I become a Corporate Member?
Starting at just £50 per year our annual membership fee relates to the annual turnover of your business. View our full membership structure and benefits here.
Members also support any conservation project(s) listed in our project directory.
How will my business benefit?
- We can help you add even more value to your guests’ experience, letting them know that by choosing your business they are protecting our environment and local communities.
- We can help you position your company as an ethical and environmentally aware business.
- Benefit from extra promotion for your business, including an automatic inclusion into our new Online Business Directory, press releases and inclusion in our widely distributed e-newsletter.
- Support a conservation project and promote projects your business and customers have helped to complete.
- We offer a complimentary sustainable tourism advisory service to all members - for non-members this costs £110.
Facts & Figures
86% of visitors are influenced by environmental initiatives when making their holiday choice.
66% of visitors would be prepared to make a donation towards upkeep of the local environment.
84% of customers said they would choose an attraction or accommodation provider who was part of a ‘green’ scheme over one that was not. (
Don't want to be a member? Then support your area as an Associate Fundraiser
If you don’t feel that membership is right for your business at this stage, have you thought about becoming an Associate Fundraiser for Nurture Lakeland?
Associate fundraisers can fundraise for conservation projects without becoming members. Local conservation really need this kind of support.
Follow the steps to becoming an Associate Fundraiser…
Step 1: choose your project
Step 2: decide how you will fundraise Fundraising ideas for businesses
Step 3: download the Associate Fundraiser Agreement AF Agreement
Step 4: fill in the form, sign it and send it back to us
Step 5: we’ll contact you and provide you with all the relevant information.
As a ‘thank you’ and to help your business we offer the following benefits in return:
- Certificate of fundraising
- Participation in fundraising events
- e-news (monthly)
- Press pack and PR Opportunities
- Use of logo and marketing material
Does 'business membership' really work?
Yes! Our Business Members' pack provides case studies of how local businesses are making a huge difference and benefiting their own business.
Download Business Members' Pack - case studies, sustainable tourism facts and figures, support, market advantage
If you have any questions about the projects or fundraising contact