Sustainable Tourism Forum
Making the sustainable attainable, together.
Sustainable tourism has long been hot on the agenda within
Nurture Lakeland hosts a regular Sustainable Tourism Forum to bring all of these individuals together. The forum enables members to share ideas, learn about new initiatives and celebrate successes.
Members of the Forum bring together public transport bodies, business owners, landscape conservationists, academics, transport advisors, campaigners, local authority representatives and environmentalists. The group has been made up of some key conservation players and powerful drivers from the County Council, National Park Authority and Cumbria Tourism. Together this group can use their knowledge, experience, networks and expertise to work in partnership and put sustainable tourism in action.
Current members of the Sustainable Tourism Forum include:
- Sue Savage, Chair (Nurture Lakeland)
- Alistair Kirkbride (LDNP, CCC, Sustainable Travel Advisor)
- Helen Moriarty (Nurture
- Becky Willis (Sustainable Development Consultant, LDNP)
- Bob Cartwright (
) Lake District National Park
- Jo Guiver (UCLAN)
- John Barwise (CGBF)
- Judith Moore (Friends of the Lake District)
- Nick Lancaster (Langdale Estates)
- Nigel Wilkenson (Windermere Lake Cruises)
- Richard Greenwood (Cumbria Tourism)
- Jessica Goodfellow (Eden Tourism